Thursday, December 20, 2012

Homemade Christmas :: Knitting Ornament

I wanted to share with you a quick, little DIY present I did for a friend of mine. A few days ago I saw her pin this and thought, "I could totally do that."
 
And for free :)
 
 
I already had all the supplies: an old ornament, pretty yarn, bamboo skewers, small balls (I used some from an old garland pic I had), and {of course!!} a hot glue gun.

 
Glue down one end of the yarn and start wrapping and gluing until you have something that resembles a ball of yarn.

 
Attach the balls to the skewers (cut to size) with glue, and place the knitting "needles" through the yarn. I used ribbon instead of a hook so it would look prettier:

 
And a little bit of wrapping to make it look nice:

 
In all this project took about ten minutes...totally worth it!
 
I'll be doing a few last minute Christmas gifts this weekend: stay tuned! Until then, I'll be back tomorrow with some of the projects we have been working on for all the class parties we have going on.
 
Happy Thursday!
xo,
 
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment