Sunday, August 26, 2012

DIY Fabric File

 
Before I show off my {yay!} completed kitchen command center tomorrow, I wanted to share one of the simple DIY projects that went into it.
 
You may remember how I shared with you our old system.
 
 
Blah. I kept telling myself that when I bought the two cheap, black hanging files {on the bottom of the photo} that I would cover them in fabric.....one day :)
 
Well, one day has finally ARRIVED.
 
 
I originally planned on covering these with some of the left over fabric from our banquette redo, but in the end decided to do a solid color since I already had other patterns going on. This project was super simple.

 
1. Supplies: our cheap, plastic file holder (Target, a few dollars), all purpose spray, fabric, and stick on label holders (Staples, Martha Stewart Collection) Not shown: hot glue gun
2. Spray front and sides of file holder and place fabric on it. Smooth out any bubbles. Cut excess
fabric around file (leave about 1/2") and glue (using hot glue gun) the extra inside the box.
3. Add label and hang!
 
{and ps, this file is holding all our financial stuff-bills, etc. Jason thought "the biz" would be a cute name :) }
 
 
Loved this project!
Be back tomorrow for the rest :)
 
xo,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment