Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend finds

Happy Monday!

I hope your weekend went great; ours was pretty laid back with a little bit of thrift shopping...of course:)


Since monster trucks are the topic of conversation around our house these days, it makes sense that a lot of the finds we found were geared towards that:


Like this amazing little set of tires! I knew I wanted to try to score some free tires off of Craigslist to do something crafty with them as decoration, so when I first passed these my initial thought was "too small; I will find bigger ones online." (they may look big in the pictures, but the are only 17' wide!)  But second time around, it hit me: duh. Small would be PERFECT for centerpieces....or DIY platters...or insert a gazillion ideas. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have gathered some great ideas for you. And what perfect timing, right? EarthDay is in just a few days, and what better way to celebrate than with a little upcycle project?

We also scored these little gems:


Vintage soda ads!!!  As in perfect-for-our-vintage-barbque ads! Plus, they are just so fantastic to look at, I think I might just frame them and use them as art :)


The last item we found I haven't actually bought yet, but I couldn't resist snapping a picture of at the store :


Wouldn't this be amazing for our party?? I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure what to use it for, but I think I am going to go back and pick some up...I am pretty sure I can come up with a few good ideas lol. Tell me, what would you do with it?? It's about 2" wide, so I might end up cutting it in half....hmmm.

Hope you weekend was great!!

xo,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment